Thursday, December 14, 2023

Two interactions with (Thai) coworkers...

...at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now:

1) When my one new (taller) (Thai) coworker goes to give me some herbal candy in a small yellowish-tan plastic canister that has nothing but (Thai) writing on it, I take it, but then I'm like, "I need to be careful, I know how Thai women are, you are going to poison me and take my money!", referencing this one famous female Thai serial killer case that's been in the news.

She laughed, and then later she offered me another one and was like, "Do you feel anything yet? Is it working? Eat more."

Still later, too, I told her that she lies, she didn't come here because her (Afro-Brazilian) husband cheated on her, she came here because she killed him for his money and she couldn't stay in Thailand because the police are looking for her.

And, she laughed.

2) One night when my one (older) (Thai) coworker who's a whiz at the phones wore a very textured white sweater rather than her standard black top, I asked her how she could wear that, since curry would spill on it and get it all stained.

"Because I don't work, I tell you to work, and you do everything," she was like, pointing her finger in different directions like she was indicating different tasks to me.

No comments: