Sunday, December 10, 2023

Online customer order comment...

...for a curry for delivery, verbatim:

Please make it with NO EGG, NO MEAT. This order is for a pure VEGETARIAN.

. . .

(One is forced to wonder if they meant degree of vegetarianism, or are obsessed with their personal bodily purity. Perhaps the first, and the second meaning is what they truly think, and it bled through, though not in the manner of actual blood, but more like sap or stalk-secretions or oat milk, definitely not blood.)

(People really do have different definitions of vegetarianism, though, where people self-identify as such but can permit eggs or fish or oyster sauce, or one but not the other, or neither.  Like last month or so I took a phone order from a [trans] man where I had to ask for clarification when they said something like "Make it vegetarian," and when I did that, they started lecturing me on the different true meanings of "vegetarian" versus "vegan" or some shit like that, and I had to politely tell them multiple times that people mean different things and I always have to clarify, but it's like they were devoted to setting me on the one true terminological path, and they had me briefly trapped on the phone.)

(Still, though, these people are much better than the gluten-free folk, who are the total whackjobs.)

No comments: