Sunday, November 26, 2023

Odds and ends, from recently:

1) The handle of a long-time reusable canvas grocery bag got detached and I can't really use it for groceries anymore, so instead I start using it to put around my workshoes or my boots, whenever it rains out and I need to carry a pair of shoes into work to have something to change into...

My other reusable canvas grocery bag that I carry in is still fine and I carry my takeout dish for my shift meal in it, as well as puzzle magazines, usually, so it seems like a good idea not to have shoes with their dirty bottoms just throw in there as-is.

2) Like a month or so ago at work, my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker tells me that she actually prefers to be the one who mops at the end of the night, rather than sweep or spot-clean the bathrooms. Although it seems like the most work, she likes to pop in earbuds and listen to music and wind down while doing that, she says.

3) I'm fairly sure that I received the new and overdue issue of a magazine that I subscribe to since I remember that I picked it up from where I usually keep it and set it aside on my table, only when I go to look for it, I can't find it there, and it doesn't turn up in my (small) cottage over the course of the week, so I start to suspect that I had a mundane and hyper-realistic dream about receiving a new magazine issue, and did not in fact receive one in real life.

(It never turns up, and I have to contact the company to send me a new one...  They say they had a lot of problems with that issue, and then like ten days later, I get the both the overdue one and the replacement copy in the mail within a day or two of each other.)

. . .

No comments: