Friday, August 11, 2023

A moment of non-recognition.

The other week at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now, my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker came in, and I didn't recognize her at first since she was bustling in the front door decisively with her head down -- a posture of hers that I've never seen before -- and even more than that, she had her hoodie up around her face, and her glasses were big and dark and covered her eyes (I later realized that they're the type of glasses that become sunglasses in the sun, and normal indoors).

Right after she went to our sideroom and put that stuff away and started working, then, I then commented on it, how I hadn't recognized her at first.

"You can see why celebrities always wear hoodies and sunglasses!", I was like.

I then said that she was walking around our college town like she's a K-pop star.

Both she and our one new (college age) (Thai) worker got a kick out of that.

No comments: