Friday, July 14, 2023

(Thai) delicacy.

The other night at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now, right before we were about to go home, the one owner with the tired face was coming in when we were closing out the register, and she had me try this (iced) (dark blue) (chilled) (herbal tea) drink made from dried flowers that you go and squeeze a lime into and it turns a cloudy purple.

"It's very good for health," she was like, and she said it was very traditional Thai, and it lowers your cholesterol and stuff like that (she had it in a little plastic bottle that she was reusing, and it was obvious that she had made it up for herself and her family as something to have around the house during this hot part of the summer).

It was a bit sweet and quite good, and since it's so refreshing, I almost want to tell them that they should make that to sell during the summer. I think people would love it, especially since people in a college town are open-minded and like authentic stuff from other cultures, and especially since I've never seen it sold at a (Thai) restaurant anywhere.

The only thing, though, is that I wonder if its health effects would trigger conditions in some customers, and f*ck them up somehow.

"Traditional" "herbal" stuff can do that sometimes, and you have to wonder if it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I did reach out to one (American) guy who I know who lives over there in (Thailand), though, and he actually sells some at a beachfront restaurant that he and his girlfriend run, so I guess it's unproblematic and legit?

But, you still have to wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pero hay muchas bebidas que causan problemas. Por ejemplo la limonada puede resultar en diarrea.