Monday, July 10, 2023

Another day at the (Thai) restuarant...

 ...where I work at now:

1) When it's slow and I'm in back by the deep fryer, my one (Pentecostal) (Guatemalan) coworker asks me if I go to church, and I say no, and then he asks me if I believe in God, and I say I'm not sure, and then he asks me why not, and I say because I haven't had an evangelical conversion experience, and he doesn't know what to say to that, and so we both go back to doing whatever it is that we do when it's slow there.

2) My one (chubby) (Thai) coworker when ordering for lunch mentions she's not getting meat because she made a vow and her wish was answered, and she had pledged to eat no meat for a month if that happened. So, it happened, and she isn't. She says that they do that a lot in Thailand.

No comments: