Friday, May 19, 2023

Feats of conservation: Old issues of my puzzle magazine.

My one (Chinese-American) coworker really likes to do sudoku and sometimes crosswords, and so a few weeks ago on lunch shift when it was slow and I pulled out an issue of my one puzzle magazine to try and go and finish a puzzle, I decided to show him a few types of puzzles in there that he might like.

And, he really liked them.

So, after I finished these special types of puzzles that I like to do in some back issues that I had been saving, I brought them in for him to hand off, and he was so happy, and he said that he had already sought out on the internet the one type of puzzle that I had introduced him to.

And, I told him that I usually just threw the back issues I was done with in a local 'little free lending library' out on the sidewalk by the public library in town and people would always take them there pretty quickly, so if he didn't want them or was done with them, he could always put them there.

Victory!

I'm really making sure that those puzzle magazines get maximum use.

No comments: