Sunday, May 28, 2023

Customer service that got me specifically named in an online review as a good waiter...

 ...by a (New Jersey) mom who was visiting campus with her daughter, to check out colleges:

1) I talked college choice with them and economics, and how wage scales are collapsing (to which the mom noted that an older sister of the girl wanted to take an LA non-profit job but couldn't, since the salary no longer was liveable).

2) The mom asked if it was all right to take the cold sake bottle with her if she didn't finish, and I was like, "I don't know, so pretend you never asked that question, and just do it."

("Right answer," my one professor friend who studies modern [Czech] literature more or less commented, when I told her about that interaction.)

3) When the mom got a (Thai) iced tea to go with no ice so she'd have some caffeine in the morning when they woke up in their hotel room, I took a second and used a pen to draw the university logo on the side of the styrofoam cup.

"I'm dangerous when I'm bored," I was like, when I gave them the cup and showed that to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Este señor parece ser muy bueno con las mamás.