Sunday, April 16, 2023

Some jokes at the (Thai) restaurant.

The other week at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now, the one (tall) (thin) (Latino heritage) high school kid with longish wavy brown hair who waits tables there occasionally came in with his girlfriend, this foundationed- and eyelinered-up girl with dark dyed hair and very very white skin, and a predilection for dark clothes, apparently, since everything she was wearing was very very dark, clothes-wise, to match her hair.

And, when I went up to their table, I was like to him, "You know, you look a lot like this one guy who works here," or something like that.

And, he didn't get the joke -- it wasn't much of a joke, to be honest -- and automatically he started explaining himself and said he wasn't working too much lately, because he was all busy with the tennis team.

"Oh," I was like.

Then, I turned to his girlfriend and was like, "When he's not busy serving" -- and here I put on a big shit-eating grin -- "he's serving" -- and then I held that mug as I let the joke just hang in the air.

And, she got quite a kick out of it, and seemed to genuinely laugh.

She didn't seem too much of the happy type, either.

No comments: