Friday, April 21, 2023

Restaurant dread.

When I'm at work at the (Thai) restaurant where I work nowadays, one of the things that most strikes dread into me is when a large-ish group of (Indian-looking) people come in, since somehow there always seems to be five of them and never six -- six is the point where the table gets an automatic 18% gratuity added on -- and when something like that happens, you could end up with a situation where you wait on everyone and split up checks for five people and whatnot, and for all of that work, maybe you make like a 10 or 12% tip, if you're lucky.

Though, if they seem like (Indian-American) and like they were raised here, your chances are much much better, of having a normal tip.

Recently, me and my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker have a game, where every time a(n Indian) table leaves, one of us runs to go and pick up the credit card receipt, to see how much they left us.

"Five bucks!", we're like, or, "Only a dollar!".

We both agree that like only a third of (Indians) tip normally, whereas with (Indian-Americans), it gets up to like two-thirds.

She also says (Koreans) are bad tippers, though when we get to the (Chinese), I have to disagree.

"There's a few," I'm like, "But overall they tip very well."

No comments: