Saturday, April 8, 2023

Lunch special discussion.

Like last month or so, the one (Thai) restaurant where I work at now reintroduced our lunch special, where for select items there's smaller portions and a lower price point, and there's also a few other items not on the regular menu, but whatever you order from there or from the main menu, there's a free small side salad with sweet onion dressing.

As you can imagine, it takes a little bit to explain to customers, if they're unfamiliar with it.

So, the other week, there was this one (young 30-something) (white guy) and this like (late 20s or early 30-something) (quiet) (bespectacled) (Asian-from-Asia) woman who had come in, and I had to explain the whole lunch special system to them.

"...and so some people think the lunch special portion is just enough, but others like the bigger portion and think it's a better value or want leftovers to take home, so I don't know what your strategy is," I was like, finishing up my spiel.

And, at that point, the (quiet) (Asian-from-Asia) woman began to order, and she gave me some regular order for like a chicken pad thai or whatnot off of the main menu, and then she was like, "And my strategy is" -- and at that point she lowered her voice to like a demonic growl -- "Eat it all."

And then, her countenance returned to normal, and she placidly returned the menu to me.

No comments: