Thursday, April 6, 2023

Return of the flirtatious undergrad.

The other week I was working a dinner shift at the (Thai) restaurant where I now work, and it was getting toward late evening, and a group of like four (white) undergrad guys comes in, including the one flirtatious (biracial white and South Asian) undergrad with a surprisingly deep voice who's been in a couple of times before.

"Is that a new sign?", one of his friends was like, pointing to the neon sign in the window as I met them at the host stand.

"No," I was like, "It's always been there, but maybe you just never noticed before."

"Maybe," the guy was like.

"Or maybe you're all on drugs tonight," I was like.

"Could be," his one friend was like, with this big devilish grin.

"Yeah," I was like, "It's probably the CBD talking."

"More like something that starts with a T," that one same friend was like, still holding that same big devilish grin, like his mouth had gotten set in it but he had forgotten that it was still there on his face for everyone to see, and so never changed it.

And, I showed them all to their seats.

Anyhow, that one undergrad didn't flirt that night, like the third time that I've seen him around, but maybe it's because him and his big group of friends were all stoned off of their ass.

No comments: