Monday, April 3, 2023

Addendum: On Covid rhythms.

I think we're settling into a rhythm where Covid spikes a bit after Thanksgiving and really after Christmas and New Year's, and then again after spring break, when college kids bring stuff back from jetting off in every direction to who knows where and then going and coming and bringing it back.

My hunch is that that will be the case and a concern for at least the next year and maybe beyond, so I'll have to be super cautious around then, like not doing any indoor maskless dining or drinking as I sometimes do when it's cold out and places are super dead and I go there at dead times of day.

I mean, people I know around my age have gotten "Covid toes" (poor circulation in the extremities) and short term memory loss, so is a lunch out really worth it?

Especially since so much of what I want to do with my life takes mental energy and a lot of working hours. I mean, chronic fatigue and mental issues would really take a toll on that, in addition to general quality of life stuff.

I'm hoping that after multiple vaccines and booster shots, risks of freaky adverse outcomes from a Covid infection will drop to super low levels, and at that point I'll be more comfortable resuming a more normal life that looks more like the one that I used to live.

No comments: