Sunday, March 5, 2023

"Super secret Thai food."

Since one of the (Guatemalan) cooks left after like ten years and went back to (Guatemala), we have a new cook now, this like (early 50s) guy who's (Thai).

And, a few times he's made up some special lunch for himself and my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker.

"What's that?", I was like, one day, when she brought up something special from the kitchen at the end of shift.

"Panang curry," she was like, "But very, very hot."

"Ok," I was like, then I was like, "I want to know about your super secret Thai food," and then I started joking that it was so secret and forbidden, that I can never even touch it, since then I would suddenly die, since it's only for (Thai) people.

And, now we joke about "super secret Thai food" every now and then.

Also, my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker said she always likes to order pork for her staff meal on Thursdays, since that's when the meat delivery comes in and it's freshest.

("Good strategy," my one [tall] [skinny] [white] sound guy coworker was like, when we worked the next Thursday lunch together and I suggested we order pork and I told him why.)

And, my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker noticed that the kitchen staff were throwing away all these perfectly good fatty little pork bits after they trimmed up the meat for serving to customers, so she told the cook to save them for the Friday staff meal, and then on that Friday he made them up into a standard stirfry for us, only it was super better than usual, since the meat was a lot fattier and a lot more delicious in the stirfry.

("That's always that way," my one [tall] [skinny] [white] sound guy coworker was like, when I told him about that new use of the fatty pork scraps that had started going on.)

No comments: