Friday, January 13, 2023

Putting pieces together (1 of 4): Foreboding past interaction.

Back like the second or third day when I started working at the (Thai) restaurant, I was working with the one (Thai) (newlywed) coworker, and when she was away doing something, the one (very short) (Guatemalan) guy who later ended up being chatty with me was like, "What do you think about her?", and when I said something about how everything was great at the restaurant and I liked everyone who worked there because they all did their jobs etc. etc. etc., he was like, "I don't like her."

And, this was totally out of nowhere and said for no reason at all, and it really did make me wonder if it was some front-of-the-house/back-of-the-house thing or different language groups or machismo, or what.

And, I just didn't know.

No comments: