Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Holiday tidbits (4 of 4): Brewery patio.

Because of the new COVID variant blowing up, I've basically stopped going into the brewery during slow afternoons when it was empty like I had been.

But, on New Year's Eve, the weather was nice, so I got a take-out burrito and ended up sitting outside when they opened and having a few cold brew coffees there while reading a bit out on the patio.

And, I told the one (older) (white) (townie) (lady) bartender that  I probably wouldn't be in there too much for the next month or two, unless the weather was nice enough for me to come in and go sit outside.

At one point, she brought me a big red plastic plate full of Chex Mix and leftover Halloween candy including those sugary pumpkin-looking things and some dark chocolate-covered dried cherries that the one other bartender had left and some cookies that her friend had made and left for everyone, including homemade toffee and these store-bought crackers that have like melted sugar on top of them, but also somehow bacon, even though you can't taste it in there.

When the sun started going down and it started getting cold, I brought in my glasses and threw out the plate and said thanks, and I left.

No comments: