Thursday, January 12, 2023

Closed doors, versus open.

I was just reading the reflection of someone in a prestige career, and they reflected on suddenly when they got success for one thing, it's like doors were suddenly thrown open to them everywhere.

I very much feel that, that I'm always butting my head up against walls with articles and conferences and publications and whatnot, where what I do is good, but I don't get opportunities because I'm not "someone," and on top of that, it's hard to get to be "someone" if what you do threatens enough of the people who are gatekeepers.

If you put your finger on something that is big and is really and truly not being done well, it's almost like it becomes obvious in retrospect, but it makes everyone else who's currently working in that area really and truly look like shit.

No comments: