Friday, December 16, 2022

Pickle juice.

I've been on a bit of a pickle kick lately, and I always have a big jar of pickles sitting out in the corner of my refrigerator, but then there's the question of what you do with all of the juice that's left over when you're done eating all of the pickles.

I had been sipping it whenever I felt like I needed some salt, but then I had a bright idea and added it in to a soup that I had made with a little onion and chunks of potatoes and then kale, as like a sourer and a salterer agent!

It's almost like a (Romanian) ciorba, a traditional sour soup that you can make with sauerkraut juice and whatnot.

The taste isn't quite the same, and it's not like there's good bacteria in corporate pickle juice, but it's not bad and it sure is environmentally neurotic, and so I'm a fan.

No comments: