Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Customer chit-chat.

At the (Thai) restaurant, spiciness is on a scale of zero to four, and fours never get ordered, let alone the secret scale beyond that, where we have eight (the scale actually jumps from four to eight).

The other week, though, this one (placid) (middle-aged) (white) couple actually ordered both of their meals with fours, and I also brought out the "side spices" of dry chili flakes and the chili paste for the guy to maybe use with his order, which he did.

And, when they ordered, I told them that they were rare in how much spiciness they liked, and we talked about it for a little bit, not least because when I read back their order to them, I made sure to double-check that they wanted "the maximum four on a scale of zero-to-four" for their dishes that they were ordering.

Anyhow, they were a good table, and when I was getting them to-go boxes etc. and asking them if they needed anything else, I was like, "Do you need a bag for the boxes?", and when they said no, they were fine, I was like, "Okay, would you like a portable IV so you can mainline chili paste into your veins?"

And, they liked that, and the guy was like, "I wish."

No comments: