Wednesday, December 14, 2022

"Box."

One of my biggest surprises from working at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now is just how many times a day that I find myself saying the word "box."

"Can I get you a box?", I'm like, or someone is like, "Excuse me, I need a box," or it's like I just come up to a table and I'm like, "Hmmm, seems like you guys need a small box," and I say it all with this tone and it's all like you guys needing a small box.

Honestly, it makes me feel like some kind of weird f*cking pimp. 

Sometimes when I talk to customers and we start saying the word "box" a lot, it's like I start having an out-of-body experience and my conciousness is standing three feet away from us looking at us go on and on and on back-and-forth just talking about boxes.

It's weird.

No comments: