Thursday, December 29, 2022

Pad thai fervency.

A few weeks ago my one (Thai) (newlywed) coworker was saying that she always tends to eat the same things for our staff meal, like a lot of fried rice, but the previous week she had actually eaten pad thai three days in a row.

"It's better when [name of one of the Guatemalan cooks] cooks it," she was like. "He adds more sauce and stirs it."

I wasn't sure what to think about that, but then the next time I got pad thai, it had more sauce and it was more integrated into the dish, and it was so so much better tasting than it had been before.

The extra lime I added helped a lot, too; it was one that's been in my refrigerator since late summer that I had boughten for the watermelon that had spoiled, and the rind was getting a bit brown in a big spot or two, but otherwise it was still good, so I use it now, to add more lime juice to the pad thai whenever I bring some home (it's cut open and just sitting out on the rack in my refrigerator, up on the top right).

It's actually to the point now where I'd go and order pad thai if that one cook was cooking, whereas I wasn't opposed before, though it wasn't something that I necessarily sought out.

No comments: