Friday, September 23, 2022

COVID cover-up.

So, I found out that my parents got COVID in mid-August.

I asked my mom on the phone if they were planning to get a booster shot, and she broke down and told me everything and said that they couldn't, till they were so many months out from their infection.

She said that they're careful but they didn't wear masks when an old neighbor came over to visit, and she was ten feet across the living room and my dad was five to six feet away from him, but the windows were open and their living room has cathedral ceilings, but that must have been where they got it, since they found out like three days later from the guy at the local auto parts store that on the way out of town our old neighbor stopped through and said he was going home early since he had somehow gotten COVID and wasn't feeling too well.

"That's the only thing we can figure out," my mom was like.

She said it wasn't too bad, just sore throat and tiredness, so it does seem like it could have been a lot worse for them.

I remember once recently asking on the phone if she was all right because she sounded tired, and I'm thinking now that that must have been when they were in the middle of their infections.

I really do think that they got off lucky, with this infection. My one professor friend who studies (modern) (Czech) literature is also fully vaxxed and boosted and also got it recently, and she was laid up like with a severe flu for more than five days before it started to abate, and she told me that she thinks that if she wasn't vaccinated at all, it might have actually killer her, it was that bad.

No comments: