Saturday, September 17, 2022

A sight the other week:

Like around 10pm or 11pm or so I'm walking back to my back alley cottage from the downtown area a few blocks away, and I see a major busline coming down a side street, and I think to myself, "That's odd," and then I wonder if it always turned there, but I just hadn't noticed.

Then, I get up to the main east-west drag, and there's an ambulance down in front of an apartment building, and I can see down past that onto the parallel street, and there's a bus going down that in the other direction, and I realize that there must be some kind of sudden re-route going on.

And, I see a (mid-20s) (fat) (white) girl at a bus stop just beyond where the ambulance is, and she's looking at her phone, and so I call across the street to her to let her know that there seems to be some kind of a re-route going on, and as she's like, "Oh, that's why the bus should have been here by now!", I see a small van with the local transportation agency logo on it putter by, probably to check out what was happening and if they needed to set up signs or something.

No comments: