Thursday, September 15, 2022

My lower back is hurting again.

On my recent trip to the city that I used to live in, I think schlepping around all those weighty bags with produce and beer weakened it, and then when I went to the beach, at one point I slung my backpack off my shoulder to set it down as I still continued walking and that somehow made something go wrong, which I felt slightly, and then more when I gently dove into the water, since as I arched up out of it I could feel this odd unanchored slow-moving spasm in my lower back, as the water supported my weight, but my muscle was shifting in a way that it wasn't accustomed to.

So, I did a few paddles, but then I went back to shore right away, and ever since then it's hurt, though daily stretching has helped it to heal, some.

I wonder if I permanently f*cked up my lower back during my stint working at the resthome - I threw it out once, there - and now I wonder if for the rest of my life this will occasionally happen.

It really makes you wonder how humans have survived this long, with a really shittily-designed lower back muscle; if you threw that shit out back on the veldt, man, you'd really be a goner.

No comments: