Monday, June 6, 2022

Dreasms (1 of 2): One dream.

The other week I dreamnt -

On a gray but not un-warm day I hop down from a sandy beach into knee-high water to go onto a small motor boat that's like eight or ten feet from shore, but after spending some time out there doing something, I go look back towards shore because I want to go back, and for some reason the water is suddenly much deeper and waves are coming in, so I realize that I'll have to hop in and get wet in order to get to shore, so I do that, but when I go to swim that little bit back to shore, I realize that the waves have hollowed out underneath what looks like the lip of the shore, so when I get there and go to pull myself up, what looks like the beach crumbles, and when I go in further to the solid wall that's farther back to lift myself up onto the shore, that doesn't work either because of the waves and the softness of the sand and how there's nowhere to stand, so a guy lying right there by the lip gives me a hand and I half-pull myself up, but I can't get any further, and then someone near him comes and stands and gives more leverage so that they can both pull me all the way up, and I get up on the beach, and then there I stand and tell them to be careful, that the water is more dangerous than they think.

And then, I wake up.

. . .

No comments: