Friday, June 10, 2022

Apartment moisture.

So, when the warm weather hit this year, the moisture in my apartment was really something.

I had been keeping cool air in at night, and I had boughten thermal black-out window curtains to help with heating during the winter, so my apartment was staying nice and cool inside, but all of a sudden there was just major, major standing moisture everywhere, on like every exposed portion of the white tile that blankets all of the floor of my place everywhere.

For a while I mopped it up with rags and wrung them out in the bathroom sink, and then eventually when my apartment had lost its (dank) coolness, I flung open the windows at night for a cross breeze, and that took the rest of it away, apart from maybe a little bit back in the back edges of the closet, where I made sure to take out boxes and mop stuff up once, so nothing got stagnant and moldy.

Anyhow, I mentioned this to my parents, and my mother said that's what happens when a place is built on a concrete slab like my back cottage is.

I also mentioned this to my landlord when he was over in the yard building a new fence, and he said that he had actually ripped up the old laminated tile that was in the place since the moisture had made different squares of that peel up, and the solid white ceramic tile that's in there now was his solution to have something a little more durable in the place, that could withstand the moisture.

No comments: