Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Some people at my first job training session...

...at my new workplace of the retirement village that I now work at: - A (shorter) (fatter) (younger) (white) woman with dyed dark hair who says she likes to "hang out with my 3-year old." - A (shorter) (thinner) (white) woman whose trivia about herself is that she has 3 cats and 5 dogs. - A (younger) (skinny) (white) kid who turns out to be from the local high school and who will get released every day in order to come work at the cafeteria, and who says he likes sports and hanging out with friends, and that he has 3 dogs and 2 horses. - A (younger) (very perky) (curly brown haired) (white) woman with a (developmental disability) who worked for years at the Starbucks in the local Target. My trivia is that I recently moved here from the city, and my last job was at a place from a less common faith tradition. . . . It's always striking to me how everyone has time here; everyone has time to talk, and no-one seems rushed. There also seems to be a number of people who sell to-go food out of their homes, in what seems to be a quasi-official way that might even be licensed by the city; one of my new (very light-skinned black) coworkers slipped me a business card, since it turns out that she married into the local (African) community and runs a(n African) restaurant out of her house, all to-go and catering.

No comments: