Thursday, February 24, 2022

Healthcare classmates (5 of 6): The (vaguely hispanic) woman.

So, in my one healthcare licensing class, at one point I was talking to the one (vaguely hispanic) woman who sits across the room from me. She showed me her wedding pictures to her boyfriend of ten years, who's from Puerto Rico, after she mentioned that they were going to go on vacation to Puerto Rico soon. "Those are nice pictures," I was like, and she said that yes, they were, and that they got married in Vegas, but they brought out the wedding photographer from a small town near where I live now, since all of her wedding photos are so good. "They really are nice," I was like. "They look all spontaneous, like not posed at all, I've never seen any wedding photos like that." "Yes, that's what she does," she was like. Like a week or two later, too, I caught a ride after class with her to go get our weekly Covid tests, and she told me that she's never worked in healthcare before, that she actually used to work in warehouse quality control and she was second-in-command and it was a good job but her boss would take all of the credit, so one day she told him off, and now she's looking to try something different.

No comments: