Wednesday, January 26, 2022

More masking issues.

Overall, masking here is pretty good, but it can get spotty at times. On my way back from a doctor's appointment that I needed to go to to get my non-Covid vaccinations in order for a class I'm taking, the bus had like four people get on who had severely improperly worn masks or no masks on at all, and they were spread out evenly throughout the bus where it's not like you could really distance yourself from them. Though, thankfully they weren't really talking, and the bus ride was only ten minutes, so you felt decently safe in your N95 mask, though maybe if that particular bus route ran a bit more frequently I would have hopped off it and just waited for the next one. Then, after that, I hoppped off and cut through this shopping center south of downtown, and I popped by the one (Italian) restaurant that I'd seen to see if they had any homemade pizza left, or maybe to get a sandwich to go, only, when I step up, like two or three of the five counter workers are completely maskless, and there's no plastic divider around the counter at all, and there's just this like (early 50s) (white) (woman) with a mildly know-it-all face and long black hair parted on both sides around her pretty pale skin, talking into customers' faces from like three feet away without a mask, and I totally get the vibe that she's the (Italian-American) owner or family of the (Italian-American) owner, and might be a weird anti-masker Trumper. So, I just looked around and decided against it and left. When I had been past there earlier I had seen two workers at the end of the shift and both were safely masked, but this was just a totally different and much weirder vibe. I mean, we're in the middle of a huge infection surge, and they're doing *that*?

No comments: