Monday, January 24, 2022

Mall trip (1 of 2): Purchases.

I'm not much of a shopper, but my post-holiday trip to the local mall turned out to be stellar. My gray coat that I've had for years was giving out, and it was like a late fall/early winter coat, so I needed an equivalent one of those, and maybe a coat for when it got colder but wasn't yet in the temperature range where I'd go and pull out my parka. And, beyond that for clothes, I would also ideally find a pair of boots, and maybe a pair of simple but classy black sneakers in the $30-40 range, and fill-ins for different stuff (hat, scarves, maybe a few tops). And, I found all of that, and at decent or really good prices, too. Like, my one new coat was only $80-90, and then I found a down coat by Eddie Bauer for like $140! And all were perfect fits and in really good colors and styles. Just steals. I was also looking for a few home furnishings, and I found a room rug that was pretty much exactly what I was looking for for $90, and I picked up a new curtain rod, too, for @$12. Again, I don't like shopping all that much, but I'm just floored by what I got, and all on one trip, too, with no real compromises over styles or goods or prices.

No comments: