Monday, November 22, 2021

Food (2 of 2): Feeding me.

A few weeks ago I was doing a lot of cooking using up random stuff around the house, like thawing and then baking some frozen tilapia fillets, and opening up a can of tomato puree to add in some stuff and make a spaghetti sauce out of it, and using a can of condensed milk with some water added in in order to make up this (hispanic) mango jello-like dessert thing that I had bought out of curiosity a few months ago at the local supermarket near me.

And, apart from some old Popeye's ketchup packets that I was going to squeeze out into the spaghetti sauce but turned out to be kind of blackish-red and dehydrated and so I threw them out, all of that food was some stuff that the one (lesbian) sister of my one assisted living client gave me as stuff that she had that she wasn't going to use, and I actually texted her that I was finally making the fish, and I had never actually cooked fish before.

It was super good, too. I had a couple of spare limes in the fridge, so I googled lime recipes with tilapia and I ended up using a drizzle of peanut oil, the juice of two limes, some chili powder, some cumin, and some fresh chopped garlic, and I rubbed it on all of the fillets, before I baked it in my oven.

It turned out surprisingly good! 

Since my microwave broke a while ago, I just spray a frying pan with Pam - another gift from the (lesbian) sister! - and just reheat the tilapia fillets on there, too, which works well enough.

No comments: