Friday, October 8, 2021

Egg spoilage.

Though I usually keep eggs for up to 6 weeks, the other week I boiled the last egg in the carton to go along with my black beans and rice that I was eating, but when I broke it open, it was definitely hard-boiled, but the white was slimy, and the yolk was crumbly but a dark bluish-black around the edges near where it met the white, and the whole thing just smelled funny.

So, I chucked it, making a note to myself to make myself go and take the trash out the next morning before work or wherever I was going or whatever.

But then, after chucking it, I got to wondering, so I went and I looked at the box, and its "sell by" was like July 18th, and the day that I did all of that was like Sept. 13th.

So, my egg had gone bad, since it had been like 8 weeks after the expiration date.

No comments: