Wednesday, August 18, 2021

A sign of people's increasing disgust with lack of mask-wearing on public transportation:

A few weeks ago, I actually heard someone tell someone something about a mask, for the first time ever during the entire pandemic so far!

Across from me was this (younger) (bigger built) (mildly plump) (medium-complected) (black) woman who was in her public transportation uniform but off of her shift, and this (older) (unmasked) (homeless) guy comes walking and begging down the aisle, and when he's like seven or eight feet away from us, she says all loudly and distinctly, "We don't want you here," and that gives him pause and so he doesn't come over by us, and then I thank her, and in response she's all nice to me and uses just this down-trodden naturally resigned voice and is like, "I started doing that, it doesn't hurt to try."

No comments: