Sunday, March 7, 2021

Conversation with a resthome coworker: Troubled times.

Last month at the resthome, I asked my one (skeptical) (Mexican) coworker how her family back in Mexico was doing, and it turned out not good.

Though last year some of her family got Covid, now a different part of her family got it, and her niece had to be put on oxygen.

And, I clarified, and it was oxygen and not a ventilator, and we both agreed that at least she's not on a ventilator, but still.

Then, we were talking more, and she was shaking her head at how awful the world is and how you just don't know what's coming, so I told her the story about our one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor poking at me and asking me what she should do with her future, and how I was like, "I don't know, the world is really f*cked up right now."

And, she laughed, and I could tell that that was because she knew that it was true.

There's something very funny, in just saying that out loud.

No comments: