Sunday, December 20, 2020

Self haircut (2 of 2): Trimming help.

With the haircut that I gave myself, there were some uneven places around the back and it looked particularly bad on a day when my hair stuck up, like the Friday that I came into work at the resthome and my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker gestured to my hair and was like, "No good!"

So, that shift I asked my one (skeptical) (Mexican) coworker if she could take five minutes and take some scissors and trim it up here and there, so she did that later that evening in the resthome laundry room, when it was quiet and we were between things to do and maybe probably because it was a time of day when no-one would come across us there, though if they did, I'm sure that there really wouldn't have been any problem.

I love my job; I live in a big city and know these random people from all over the world who are all pretty nice people, and I scamper up and down staircases around a resthome all day and help people, and there's fun random stuff like getting my hair cut on the sly in a laundry room.

What's not to like?

I'm like someone that you would find in a quirky non-fiction book for tweens.

No comments: