Friday, December 25, 2020

An Achievement in Environmentalism.

A few months ago at my one resthome job, I went to go get my one takeout container out of the top of the cupboard in the staff office so I could go and take some leftovers home, but it wasn't there.

"You have to put your name on it," one of my coworkers was like, and they said that someone else had probably taken it.

So, I took a takeout container with the name of my one (Thai) coworker on it, and I made myself try to remember that I'd wash it out later and take it back right away, before she needed it and noticed that it was gone.

And, the next time I was home, I not only washed that container out, but I also took out all of these plastic salsa containers that I had that I was keeping around for some reason in my kitchen cupboard at home, and when I took her container back, I took those in, too, and I put them in the cupboard too, for whoever would need them whenever.

And, when I did that, I saw that my takeout container had already been returned, by whoever had taken it.

And, like two weeks later, when I went to go get a takeout container, I saw that a number of the salsa containers had disappeared, since I'm guessing that almost definitely people have been using them to take stuff home in.

What an achievement!

"Reduce, reuse, recycle."

No comments: