Friday, December 18, 2020

Resthome quips: Elevator, complaining, hat.

At the resthome where I work, I usually assist this one retired engineer to get back to his room, whenever he comes back home after dialysis.

He has a very quippy one-liner sense of humor, too.

The other week, one of the 2 elevators in the lobby was out and it was taking forever for the one that was still working to come, so he was like, "What is this, the local?"

And like right when he said that, it finally came, so he was like, "And that's why you complain, it makes stuff happen."

Like a few minutes later when we finally got back to his room, too, I helped him take his coat off, and when I asked him for his hat so that I could hang it up in his hall closet, he was like, "No, leave it on, it covers up how I don't have any hair."

Usually he makes maybe one joke or two at most, but that day he was in quite the peppy mood.

No comments: