Friday, November 20, 2020

"Day of the Dead" quip.

When it was my work shift nearest the "Day of the Dead" this year, I wished my one (skeptical) (Mexican) coworker a Feliz Dia de los Muertos ("Happy Day of the Dead").

Then, I was like, "Y porque eres una eskeptica, yo dijo, Feliz Dia de los Muertos para Siempre" ("And because you're a skeptic, *I* say, Happy Day of the Dead Forever"), and I tried to emphasize my phrasing so that the words "muertos para siempre" ("dead forever") strongly grouped together.

I'm not sure if it translated, but she was like, "Good one."

I also asked her if she did anything growing up in her village back in Mexico for the Day of the Dead. She said they did something on the altar in their home, and then went to the cemetery where all of their dead relatives were buried, to visit them.

No comments: