Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Cat progress.

After like a year of my giving her 2 treats every time I start shift, the cat of my one assisted living client with disabilities is finally starting to warm up to me.

Lately, she's started scampering towards me sometimes when I get on shift and start to open up the treat jar, and she's finally started understanding the game where I chuck a treat on the floor and she goes to chase it; she even comes out into the living room right away now, when she hears the treat hit the hardwood floor.

The other week, too, she walked up to me on my client's bed,and stopped there and let me pet her, even on her belly, only the second time that she's ever let me pet her at all.

(The previous time was a while ago when my client's [lesbian] sister was petting the cat, and I snuck my hand up in among her hands to go and pet her, which the cat was fine with for a few minutes, she's cool with that approach sometimes, they had been telling me.)

No comments: