Thursday, November 26, 2020

Addendum.

When I went to go pick up my turkey at the resthome this week and take a Covid test before heading to work at my private client's, I ran into my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker who was on shift and in uniform and walking across the lobby, when I walked into the building.

"What are you doing?", she was like, looking at me there when I wasn't working and all in my civilian clothes.

"I'm here for the turkey and for a Covid test," I was like. 

Then, after a short pause, I was like, "What are you doing?"

And at that, she laughed, since I said it in the same direct tone-of-voice that she uses.

On another note, I do worry about people going to go deerhunting this year after the holiday, it can be like a Thanksgiving thing where people gather from all over and be together, often in small cabins with poor air circulation.

My one (hippie) friend from Michigan is worried as well, that people will go and do it regardless of the Covid pandemic.

"People here have to have their deerhunting," she was like, "It's their holiday, too."

No comments: