Thursday, September 10, 2020

Midgets at bars.

The other week, I saw a picture of an old bar in the city on social media, where at least some of the bartenders sometimes were apparently midgets.

So, I showed it to the one (older) (townie) lady who sometimes works the front desk at the resthome, since she and her husband used to run a bar.

"No, I've never heard of that place," she was like, but then she mentioned this other bar in the city where the owner is a midget.

"It's over on [name of a major street]," she was like, and I was like, "Yeah, in [the name of the neighborhood it's in], I've been in there," and since she seemed surprised, I said that I had stopped in there a few times since a friend lives nearby.

She quickly picked up the conversation again, and she said that the midget is actually the owner and she lives upstairs, and that her husband knows her, and that she has a camera system set up and will check in to see how the workers are doing, and she'll actually call down if she thinks that they're spending too much time talking with people instead of doing their job.

"She actually does that," she was like.

No comments: