Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Resthome humor, with the one resident with the good sense of humor.

The other week at the resthome I came into the room of the one resident with a good sense of humor to check on her, and she was sitting there in her wheelchair watching TV, and the call button for help was tied to her wheelchair, since someone had gently knotted it there instead of leaving it out on a table nearby where she could reach it.

"They chained you to the wall?!?!," I was like.  "They chained you to the wall?!?!"

And, she got a laugh out of that.

Then, I was like, "That's the side of the home that they never show in the [name of the assisted living facility] brochures," and I put on a grave face and shook my head as if in deep disgust.  "It's all people smiling with their families and watching a concert, they never show you the part where people get chained to a wall."

No comments: