Saturday, June 27, 2020

Neurotic food saving pays off.

From one of our bonus staff meals at the resthome during the time of coronavirus, I got not only some leftover Popeye's chicken, but all of these Popeye's hot sauce and ketchup and honey packets.

I was able to use the hot sauce on some beans and rice that I had, and I'm still saving the ketchup - I never use ketchup! - but then there was also all of that honey, too.

For a while, when I was home and I felt like I needed a treat, I'd just go and get a Popeye's honey packet, and I'd tear off the corner and squeeze all of the honey into my mouth.

Then, I got some leftover bread from a resthome meal, and I took it home, and since that bread made nice toast, I realized that I could use butter and then put some honey on it, too, and so I also used some of the Popeye's honey packets for that.

No comments: