Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Visit (4 of 4): Middle Eastern restaurant.

During my visit to my uncle's the other week, my mom and I went to this one (Middle Eastern) restaurant we like.

Although I usually get some hummus or baba ghanouj with a sandwich, this time I got their cilantro chicken special, which was huge and came with a side of cinnamon-flavored rice that filled up half of the plate.

Afterwards, too, I used the last pita to wipe off the dish, and then I finished off my mom's salad and did the same.

When the (Lebanese) owner came to pick up the dishes - she was this pale-skinned lady who was on the short side and seemed tired but nice and yet somehow like she had a lot of energy, too - she was like, "That's good, I am happy always to see a clean plate," and she picked up the dirty dishes and went to go take them away.

Then, I licked my finger and picked up the last crumbs from off of the wax paper in the basket where the pieces of pita bread had been.

I had already used some pita bread to wipe up the small plate where the crushed white garlic sauce had been.

No comments: