Friday, March 20, 2020

The President's incomptence has f*cked directly with my life.

So, the other week my paycheck from the 1st two weeks of January came in, from the job where I assist my one client with disabilities.

And, even though it's under the new contract, the $.50 payraise wasn't on there, so I looked up the terms of the new contract that we had voted on and I noticed the words "Pending federal approval," and then I called my union's information hotline.

And, it turns out that even though everything went through all of these steps back in December, the final approval has been sitting on some desk under some executive branch department waiting for some signature somewhere, since some use of federal funds is involved.

"We never thought it would already be March," the guy on the phone was like.

And, it turns out there's no backpay, so that with every paycheck that comes in until whenever it gets signed, that money is permanently lost to me.

Honestly, what the fuck.  I make like $24K a year and pay through the nose for health insurance and already can't afford to save for retirement or a major medical emergency, and last year I got stuck with a $1400 tax bill due to Trump's tax scam, and now the mess that he's made of the government is actually permanently taking money out of my pocket?!?!?

That's just fucked up.

Yes, it's like $35-40 per month and for just some indefinite period, but that's a lot of money to me, and it's simply uncalled for.

What an incompetent asshole.

I wonder if he's doing this purposefully, as part of some revenge he's doing on someone.

The last Republican governor we had did that with disbursing some payraise to us, though ultimately my union sued and we got all of the money disbursed to us as backpay, which I guess we can't do now.

These guys have so much fricking money, and it's honestly like they can only get off now by taking away what little other people have.  My last tax bill was honestly like docking me more than a thousand dollars to directly transfer it to the megarich, and now this.  Honestly, like what the fuck.  It's just in-your-face and depraved. These rich people are simply out of control.

No comments: