Monday, September 16, 2019

On great coworkers.

Since there's no nurse right now in my department at the resthome, another nurse from another floor has been subbing in, and the other week she came in and asked all of us on a shift for our opinion about how things are run and how they're doing, and my one (Filipina) coworker and my one (older) (Tibetan) coworker both told her that we're busy with a lot of work but everything goes fine since we always help each other out if one of us is busy.

Later, too, we were all talking about that kind of thing since the meeting had gotten us to talking, and my one (older) (Tibetan) coworker said that she appreciated our "teamwork."

Conversely, I was emailing back and forth about this one higher ed article with my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the brother of the brother-sister pair that I'm friends with), and he wrote:

was it in the second [short essay] that the guy spoke of camaraderie? which university did he work at?! the closest thing to camaraderie I ever saw was somebody offering to comment on a paper. otherwise it was just each to their own (neurosis). 

. . .

No comments: