Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Tinder stalker.

So, my one librarian supervisor friend went on two dates with a woman she had met on Tinder, and that woman turned out to be a stalker.

My friend didn't realize that at first, and so at the end of the second date she gently let her down and suggested that they be friends, and she said that she liked people who know their goals and their values.

So, like a week after that, they hung out in a group as friends at something-or-another, and this woman is there, and she hands my friend a list of her goals and values.

"Here's my goals and values," she's like.

And, my friend started reading the list and it was like:

- Marry [her first name].
- Buy a house with [her first name].
- Have a baby with [her first name].

And so on.

Eventually, the calls and the contact got too much, including at work, and so she contacted the police, and they were like, "Are you [some woman's first name]?", and then when she said "No," they'd be like, "Ok, are you [some other woman's first name]?", and so on, and it turned out that the woman had had 23 women request 'no contact' orders about her.

Anyhow, I'm also friends with my friend's one cousin and she came into town from out-of-state to go testify at the 'no contact' order trial about some stalking stuff that had happened during her last trip to visit, and so she was there when my one librarian supervisor friend was narrating this whole ordeal to me and some other friends of hers when we were having a night out and went to a comedy show and then grabbed drinks.

When that narration had finished, my friend's cousin just raised her finger up and very matter-of-factly was like, "Don't swipe."

We all laughed, and she just shook her head and her finger and was like, "Don't swipe."

No comments: