Monday, September 9, 2019

A day at my one assisted living client's, which frequently involves plastic.

Before I leave my house, I pack up some strawberries as a snack, dumping them from their big plastic carton into an old grape bag that I had saved from a while ago, so it's easy to carry them and then wash them when I get there, while all the while I reuse some old plastic and so am very satisfied with myself.

Once I get there, they tell me that her new cat has discovered her kitchen counter and had chewed through a plastic bag of kitty treats that had been up there, so they're now being kept in a hard plastic container, which is also being kept on the very same counter.  I now have to be very careful when I set food out there to cool, because the cat could sneak up and get into it.

No comments: