Saturday, June 29, 2019

Some stories of my one (thin) (Tibetan) coworker (2 of 2): Parents.

That same day the other week when I was talking with my one (thin) (Tibetan) coworker, she said her mother was a hero.

A few years before the Chinese invasion of Tibet, her mother saw what was coming, and so for a long time she used her freedom of movement to go around and stockpile food in different caves between where she lived and the border.

Then, one day she took her husband and her old parents, and they just walked away from everything except for a few things that they carried with them on their backs, and they secretly went from cave with supplies to cave with supplies on foot, until they finally made it over the border.

"She is my hero," my one (thin) (Tibetan) coworker was like.

She also said that she was extremely upset when her mother died, and she had just had her daughter, who was around a year old.

"She was sent to me to keep me alive and to love, when my mom died," my one (thin) (Tibetan) coworker was like.  "One came, and she went."

No comments: