Saturday, March 23, 2019

Baby (3 of 3): Maternal love.

That same day when we were hanging out, my friend was like, "You have no idea what love is until you've had a baby, I've simply never loved someone else before until I had a child."

"Wow," I was like, very seriously.

Then, I was like, "Remember this moment when she's a teenager."

"Yes," my friend was like, and then she kicked into a British humor persona in a comedy sketch like British people sometimes tend to do.  

"F*ck you mom, I hate you!", my friend was suddenly like, imitating her baby as an imaginary rebellious teenager and using profanity, even as she was holding her cute little sweet little innocent baby in her arms.
. . .

I also told my friend that maybe she should tell her mother about what she now knew, because that would make her mother feel appreciated and maybe make up for any random tensions that had ever existed between them.

She didn't say anything, but you could see that she was considering it.

No comments: